Sat 17/11/12 - Sun 25/11/12
The purpose of the European week for waste reduction is to raise awareness about waste reduction strategies and about the policies of the European Union and its Member States:
- To promote sustainable waste reduction actions across Europe
- To highlight the work accomplished by various actors, through concrete examples of waste reduction
- To encourage changes in the behaviour of Europeans (consumption, production) in everyday life.
The week is aimed at:
- Public authorities across Europe that have competence in the field of waste prevention
- “Project Developers” interested in carrying out awareness raising actions on the subject of waste prevention during the Week, with the aim of informing the greatest possible number of citizens.
- European citizens who participate in actions set up by Project Developers during the Week and learn about the kind of waste reduction habits that they can take up in everyday life.