The IMG meets approximately four times a year (twice face-to-face and twice on-line). Each Focal Point represents their organization and inputs to the IMG. Focal Points are responsible for implementing related actions in their own organizations.
The IMG focuses on the implementation of the UIN climate neutral strategy, and is currently working on the following subjects:
- Establishing, maintaining and developing a system for delivering annual greenhouse gas inventories and reporting
- Preparation of Emission Reduction Plans for all UN organizations
- Recommending a common approach to the purchase of offsets as means to achieve climate neutrality in UN
- Developing a proposal for a common Sustainability Management System for the UN
- Supporting and improving communications on the UN’s sustainability performance, both internally and externally.