Greening the Blue (GtB) now hosts a series of two-page summaries making it easier for staff to access information on how they can help to embed sustainability within the UN system.
The summary reports have been created to distil valuable information provided in lengthier documents which are already available on the site. The summaries provide guidance on subjects such as how to conduct green meetings, implement sustainable travel policies, sustainable procurement and reducing emissions from buildings (both owned and leased).
Isabella Marras, who oversees Greening the Blue, explained:
“We know how busy UN staff are, and we hope that by providing the information in this way we’re making key advice more accessible, and in turn, ensuring that more of it is implemented”.
Many of the reports also contain action checklists - from top 10 quick wins, to more in depth advice on how to review and improve different aspects of building operations.
The summaries and checklists are available from GtB, under the resources tab, alongside the full reports.
• A Guide to Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction in UN organizations (2009)
• Assessment of Policy Instruments for Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Buildings (2007)
• Climate Friendly Buildings and Offices: A Practical Guide (2010)
• Green Meeting Guide (2009)
• Buying for a better world: a guide for sustainable procurement in the UN (2011)
• Sustainable Travel in the UN (2010)
• Buildings & Climate Change: Status, Challenges & Opportunities (2009)
• Energy Efficiency in Buildings: Guidance for Facility Managers (2008)